Sunday, July 27, 2008

iCan't

I'm soooo disappointed. My trip to the AT&T Wireless store was fruitless. It was my understanding that I could upgrade my phone every year since I was on a special corporate plan. There is one detail that I was unaware of; there are only certain phones which fall under that policy and an iPhone is not one of them.

So, unless I'm willing to pay $400 for an iPhone (which I can't justify), I have to wait another 9 months before I'm eligible for an upgrade for a phone that doesn't fall in the corporate discount agreement. AND even once I'm eligible I won't get the cost savings break on an iPhone and the data plan.

My hopes and dreams for a better designed phone, ability to have a "real" web browsing experience on the go, and just an all around fun experience with a cell phone have been sadly squashed. I'll have to reevaluate in 9 months. Who knows maybe by then there will be better designed Smartphones, and maybe a better designed Windows Mobile software. Or I simply might grow tired of being at the whim of constricting contracts and corporate rules and just say f%@# it and get the iPhone anyway!

2 comments:

SheBunni said...

so sorry that your hopes have been dashed!
xoxo

Kevin said...

This is all part of the downward turn that started when you couldn't get the red spire bag and had to settle for the black one.